Classes @Fairchild Program Coordinator
The Classes at Fairchild Program Coordinator is responsible for the creation and implementation of adult, children, and family revenue-generating courses.
- BS or BA in related field required
- Strong interest in plants
- Experience teaching adult classes
- Computer savvy and comfortable with new software and technology
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision-making, delegation, and budgetary skills to effectively accomplish the purpose, goals, and objectives of the program
- Good communication and writing skills
- Work effectively, courteously, and agreeably with colleagues and volunteers
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude who is flexible, proactive and can anticipate and troubleshoot program details
- Creative, organized, efficient, and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Developing a series of adult, family, and children classes in horticulture/gardening, plant science, landscape design, design thinking, culinary arts, visual arts, and health & wellness
- Instructing basic garden courses for adults
- Develop a horticulture certificate program
- Recruiting, supervising, and training instructors
- Developing marketing materials to support the program including producing two-course schedules each year for print and online
- Continually researching and identify new and innovative program ideas
- Maintaining communication with instructors, students, partners, and instructors including daily requests for clarifications, additional information, and procedures.
- Managing the online course registration system
- Maintaining program budget including all financial accounting from the online registration system
- Coordinating and management of the garden-wide master calendar including adding room requests from every department and communicating room set-ups with the facilities team
- Developing and implement a marketing plan to increase participation in the program
- Conducting program evaluation
This full-time position reports to the Director of Education. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Amy Padolf, Director of Education Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with ADA/Drug-free Workplace
This position will assist in delivering environmental science-based educational programming to elementary and/or secondary students at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. Programs run weekly during the school year from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm; must be able to commit to at least one day per week (during program hours) for fall and/or spring semester. Preference will be given to those who are available September – May.
Note: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Candidates must submit a resume, brief cover letter, and application to Amy Padolf, Director of Education, email@example.com