Education Field Studies and Outreach Specialist
Develop and implement all virtual and in-person field studies education programs, coordinate education content and programming for Garden-wide special events, coordinate and facilitate camp programs, pilot a weekend visitor engagement programs, and recruit and train a core team of volunteers to facilitate these programs.
- BA in Education, Botany, Biology, Environmental Science, or related fields.
- Experience in information education
- Fluent Spanish speaker preferred
- Experience working with students and volunteers
- Effective communication skills and experience speaking to diverse groups of people
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude who is flexible, proactive and can anticipate and troubleshoot program details
- Creative, organized, efficient and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic
This full-time position reports to the Director of Education. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Amy Padolf, Director of Education Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with ADA/Drug-free Workplace
This position will assist in delivering environmental science-based educational programming to elementary and/or secondary students at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. Programs run weekly during the school year from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm; must be able to commit to at least one day per week (during program hours) for fall and/or spring semester. Preference will be given to those who are available September – May.
Note: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Candidates must submit a resume, brief cover letter, and application to Amy Padolf, Director of Education, email@example.com