The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for room and event set-ups, assisting with special events logistics, managing parking, and security. This is a full time position with benefits, and the salary is $15 per hour.
- Complete Special Events setups and breakdowns. Assist with troubleshooting and logistics during the event.
- Set up and break down rooms for Garden events and assist with audio visual needs.
- Clean shuttles, golf carts, and trams on a monthly basis.
- Dispose of all trash and ensure guests have left the Garden when the Garden closes to the public.
- Manage parking when the lowlands admissions area is open for weekend parking or events.
- Act as backup janitorial as assigned and during events, including janitorial tasks and disposing of trash.
- Coordinate with the janitorial team lead to ensure all facilities tasks are finished on a daily basis.
- Assist with maintenance duties as assigned, such as painting and replacing light bulbs.
- Provide Garden security during the day and substitute for overnight security as assigned.
- Assist the Visitor Services department with guest services functions as assigned, including driving the tram and shuttle, assisting with the wheelchair ramp, and stocking kiosks with literature and ice/water.
- Act as the first responder in medical emergencies and Code Adams, contacting fire rescue and the police department when required, and completing all incident reports for Garden incidents during your shift.
- Move packages from Visitor Center to the mail room or the recipient on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- A commitment to superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to reliably work a flexible schedule, including evenings, early mornings, days, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
- Able to work as a team player in a high-energy environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license
Position Schedule (schedule will vary on festivals or event days):
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 10am to 6:30pm
Classes @Fairchild Program Coordinator
The Classes at Fairchild Program Coordinator is responsible for the creation and implementation of adult, children, and family revenue-generating courses.
- BS or BA in related field required
- Strong interest in plants
- Experience teaching adult classes
- Computer savvy and comfortable with new software and technology
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision-making, delegation, and budgetary skills to effectively accomplish the purpose, goals, and objectives of the program
- Good communication and writing skills
- Work effectively, courteously, and agreeably with colleagues and volunteers
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude who is flexible, proactive and can anticipate and troubleshoot program details
- Creative, organized, efficient, and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Developing a series of adult, family, and children classes in horticulture/gardening, plant science, landscape design, design thinking, culinary arts, visual arts, and health & wellness
- Instructing basic garden courses for adults
- Develop a horticulture certificate program
- Recruiting, supervising, and training instructors
- Developing marketing materials to support the program including producing two-course schedules each year for print and online
- Continually researching and identify new and innovative program ideas
- Maintaining communication with instructors, students, partners, and instructors including daily requests for clarifications, additional information, and procedures.
- Managing the online course registration system
- Maintaining program budget including all financial accounting from the online registration system
- Coordinating and management of the garden-wide master calendar including adding room requests from every department and communicating room set-ups with the facilities team
- Developing and implement a marketing plan to increase participation in the program
- Conducting program evaluation
This full-time position reports to the Director of Education. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Amy Padolf, Director of Education Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with ADA/Drug-free Workplace
This position will assist in delivering environmental science-based educational programming to elementary and/or secondary students at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. Programs run weekly during the school year from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm; must be able to commit to at least one day per week (during program hours) for fall and/or spring semester. Preference will be given to those who are available September – May.
Note: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Candidates must submit a resume, brief cover letter, and application to Amy Padolf, Director of Education, email@example.com