Internships and Scholarships
High School Internships and Scholarships
THE FAIRCHILD CHALLENGE PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
The Fairchild Challenge invites high school students to apply for our 6-week paid summer internships beginning June 21 through July 30. Interns will have the opportunity to assist Fairchild scientists with ongoing research using cutting-edge technologies and working towards publishable results. Interns in the past have grown orchids, learned genetic techniques, grown plants for NASA, and more. Must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the internship. Complete applications are due by Wednesday, April 28 by 5:00 pm. View flyer for more information; Click here to apply!
PEACOCK FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Fairchild Challenge invites graduating high school seniors to apply for a $1,500 college scholarship. Students must have participated in the Fairchild Challenge during high school and plan to study biology, ecology, or environmental science in college. Complete applications are due by Wednesday, May 19th by 5:00 pm. View flyer for more information; Click here to apply!
Undergraduate and Graduate Internships
We are currently seeking Environmental Education Interns for the 2020-2021 school year!
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with virtual field trips for K-12th grade students
- Learning how to implement virtual teaching program material
Interns will report to the Education Department Field Studies Coordinator. Interns will choose a project area to help with program tracking, evaluation, or standards alignment. Candidates must be able to commit to at least one, but ideally two programs per week for fall and/or spring semester. Programs run from 9am-1pm. These are unpaid positions; however, community service and/or credit hours are available.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Zajic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Internship Opportunities
Marketing interns handle a wide range of responsibilities surrounding the programs and platforms managed by Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Marketing Department. Interns gain hands-on marketing experience by helping plan, prepare and execute marketing events.
For Marketing Internship Opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
- Social Media Intern–
- Assist with building content calendar based on strategy
- Assist with writing post content
- Assist with coordinating visuals
- Manage in Hootsuite and track analytics to make real-time changes
- Boost posts
- Community management – respond to our followers
- Asking for 8-10 hour weekly commitment
- Photography and Videography Intern –
- Editing skills needed
- Present at events
- On-Going to fill content needs
- Must have personal editing equipment
- Photography: 1-2 hours weekly commitment with 1-2 hour commitment per event
- Videography: 4 hours weekly commitment with 12-hour commitment per event
- Reputation Management Intern –
- Responding to our customer reviews
- Flexible scheduling and work location
- 1-2 hour commitment per day
- Animation Intern –
- If you have an interest in creating animations of Fairchild programs or info graphics, contact us for more information.
- Must have own animation software and personal equipment
- Flexible scheduling