Internships and Scholarships
High School Internships
The 2020 Summer High School Internship program is canceled. To ensure the safety of students, mentors, staff, and volunteers we are following all recommended policies issued by Miami-Dade County, the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We are planning exciting Challenges for next year and hope to offer internships in Summer 2021!
Undergraduate and Graduate Internships
We are currently seeking Environmental Education Interns for the 2020-2021 school year!
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with virtual field trips for K-12th grade students
- Learning how to implement virtual teaching program material
Interns will report to the Education Department Field Studies Coordinator. Interns will choose a project area to help with program tracking, evaluation, or standards alignment. Candidates must be able to commit to at least one, but ideally two programs per week for fall and/or spring semester. Programs run from 9am-1pm. These are unpaid positions; however, community service and/or credit hours are available.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Zajic at email@example.com
Other Internship Opportunities
Marketing interns handle a wide range of responsibilities surrounding the programs and platforms managed by Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Marketing Department. Interns gain hands-on marketing experience by helping plan, prepare and execute marketing events.
For Marketing Internship Opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media Intern–
- Assist with building content calendar based on strategy
- Assist with writing post content
- Assist with coordinating visuals
- Manage in Hootsuite and track analytics to make real-time changes
- Boost posts
- Community management – respond to our followers
- Asking for 8-10 hour weekly commitment
- Photography and Videography Intern –
- Editing skills needed
- Present at events
- On-Going to fill content needs
- Must have personal editing equipment
- Photography: 1-2 hours weekly commitment with 1-2 hour commitment per event
- Videography: 4 hours weekly commitment with 12-hour commitment per event
- Reputation Management Intern –
- Responding to our customer reviews
- Flexible scheduling and work location
- 1-2 hour commitment per day
- Animation Intern –
- If you have an interest in creating animations of Fairchild programs or info graphics, contact us for more information.
- Must have own animation software and personal equipment
- Flexible scheduling