2022-2023 Registered Schools Home Page
WELCOME TO THE 2022-23 STEMLAB PROGRAM
We are excited to have you host the 2022-23 STEMLab Program live at your school. This year, we will be visiting your school twice and your students will have the opportunity to present their findings via zoom at the end of the year.
Click here to see the Fall 2022 School Visit Schedule.
The M-DCPS Department of STEM Engagement chooses all STEMLab schools. If you are interested in getting on the list for next year,
please contact Dane Jaber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These videos are designed to introduce you and your students to the STEMLab and the Million Orchid Project. Have your students watch them before the first visit.
INTRODUCTION TO THE MILLION ORCHID PROJECT
Resources for participating teachers:
- Fairchild’s Million Orchid Project Overview (PowerPoint) – Coming Soon
- Orchids: The Masters of Lying Cheating and Stealing (video)
- 2022-2023 STEMLab Research Protocols
- Sample Data Sheet for Classroom-based Research
- Bioreactor Tutorial (video)
- North American Orchid Conservation Center (website)
- Go Orchids (website)
- American Orchid Society (website)
Still have questions? Email us at STEMLab@fairchildgarden.org
Jason Downing, Ph.D.
Nichole Tiernan, Ph.D
Botanical Research Associate
Amy Padolf, M.Ed.
Director of Education